Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Well, stocks to focus for next year.


Over the last year, AAPL, one of my long time trading/holding stock has not done well ! Though I have not sold it yet, it is probably the first time I am not making a profit on this stock. They give a good dividend, so I am planning to hold on to it. I realize smart phone market is growing less and there are not too many folks around the works willing to shell out $600 for a phone. P/E seems pretty low, so I figure it is fairly valued. At this time it is trading at $108 with P/E of 12 and forward P/E of 10. They are buying back lot of shares, so there would be net earnings growth, if not actual revenue or profit growth.

My next favorite it Fitbit (FIT). I did buy the device and using it everyday as a watch+step counter.Stock is trading at $29, I did buy some and planning to sell around $40. Lets see if it gets there !

With respect to SWKS, another stock I have been trading for sometime. I did buy it around ~$90. It is trading at $80, with P/E of 19. Earnings are growing well, in spite of slowdown in smart phone. I am planning to hold on to it and expecting price to reach around $120 !

Other two, which I think would be good stocks to hold are DIS and CTSH. DIS just had 'Force awakens' released and seems to be doing fairly well. It is trading at $107 and CTSH is trading at $60. I am planning to hold on to these two for at least an year and see how that goes.

I got few of retail stocks, since they had fallen down quite a bit but so far have not made any profits with them. Couple of them are low, KORS at $40 (with PE of 9) and SKX at $30 (with PE of 21) and staying low. But another one, DECK, has dropped more since I bought and is trading at $49 with P/E of 11 and FPE of 8. It does not make sense for me sell it, since I have lost quite a bit of my initial investment, so planning to just hold on to it for now. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home